Butter Burgers are our favorite burger recipe and are incredibly delicious. These burgers drenched in butter are not for the health-conscious, but they are for everyone who appreciates REALLY GOOD FOOD. This recipe for Wisconsin Butter Burgers will have you salivating before you even take a piece of the juicy, cheesy, buttery deliciousness. And without onion, it wouldn’t be complete!
Butter Burger Recipe
Butter Burgers are a delicious dream. A fantastic dinner consisting of a buttery burger topped with cheese and onions and cooked on the stovetop.
I will begin by stating a few obvious facts: Butter Burgers are cooked with copious amounts of butter, are extremely savory and delicious, and are unhealthy.
The Wisconsin Butter Burger Recipe is all a dieter could hope for, and the treatment menu is well worth it. Meat patties fried in butter, onions fried in butter, and buns smeared in additional butter.
Never forget the cheese. These burgers are so juicy and tasty that you have no choice but to indulge in the butter!
These burgers are prepared on the stovetop, so a grill is unnecessary. They are butter-seared to perfection to create a crisp exterior. As a fun and delicious lunch, prepare a few of these and serve them with crispy fries.
There is no finer hamburger recipe on the internet!
This recipe for Wisconsin Butter Burgers will have you salivating. Such an abundance of butter and flavor. Don’t be frightened to devour this delectable burger!
Wisconsin Butter Burgers (History)
The Butter Burger is a Wisconsin institution. It should not come as a surprise that a state known for its dairy products would load a burger with cheese. The name of this meal derives from the fact that every component is cooked in butter.
The meat and onions are cooked in butter, but you must also spread some on the bun. There is no reason to resist this delectable burger; your taste buds will adore you!
So many of our favorite side dishes complement these butter burgers well. Try it with our Burger and Fry Sauces! YUM!
How to Make a Butter Burger Recipe
Since butter burgers are prepared on the stovetop, a grill is unnecessary. The best aspect is that everything is cooked in the same pan, so there is no need to dirty a multitude of dishes.
You want the butter and onion to impart flavor to the beef patties as they cook. It becomes crisp and absorbs the onion flavor as it cooks. YUM!
- Melt butter in a skillet and cook onions until tender, translucent, and starting to brown
- Divide beef into 4 equal size portions and work into patties, then refrigerate them for 15-30 minutes
- Spread 2 tablespoons of butter onto each bun
- Using the same skillet you used to cook the onions; cook beef patties for 3 minutes, then flip & cook 1 more minute
- Add a slice of cheese to each burger & cook until melted
- Lay the patties on the buns and top with onions
What is in a butter burger?
This recipe consists of a pan-seared buttered burger patty, a slice of cheese, butter-cooked onions, and soft bread slathered with butter. It lives up to its name with plenty of butter!
This recipe for Wisconsin Butter Burgers is incredibly delicious and ideal for lunch or dinner. Serve them with crisp fries (and fry sauce), and don’t be shy about the butter.
This delicious burger recipe will provide you with a great deal of pleasure.
- 10 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns toasted
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices American cheese
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add onion, water, and a quarter teaspoon of salt. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Reduce heat to low-medium and remove the lid. Continue cooking for approximately 3 minutes until the onions are transparent and just beginning to brown. Transfer the onions to a plate and divide them into four equal halves; leave away until ready to use.
- Divide the beef into four sections of equal size and form each into a patty measuring 4.5 by 0.5 inches. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the hamburger patties. Refrigerate the burgers for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of butter on the top of each bun and leave aside.
- In the same skillet as the onions, heat the oil until it begins to smoke. Transfer the patties to the skillet with a spatula and cook for three minutes (without moving them). Cook the patties for another minute after turning. Add one slice of cheese to each burger and continue cooking for an additional 20 to 30 seconds, or until the cheese has melted.
- Transfer patties to the bottoms of the buns and top each with a quarter of the sautéed onions. Each sandwich is topped with buttered bread top and served instantly.
Read Also:- Best Portobello Mushroom Burger Recipe