This quick Oreo milkshake recipe not only tastes incredible, but also requires only ice cream, milk, and Oreo biscuits. It is the best way to cool yourself on a hot summer day for chocolate lovers!
There is nothing more delicious than a thick, icy milkshake! I don’t care what taste you give me, I’ll definitely drink it. The best part is that the recipes are so simple!
My entire family enjoys milkshakes, and each one has a preference. My spouse enjoys a basic vanilla milkshake! I always order this delectable creamsicle milkshake, and my daughters’ favorite birthday cake milkshake gets them happy every time I make it.
I wanted to attempt something different this time around. We had some leftover Oreos from this fantastic Oreo poke cake, so I decided to surprise the family by making up this traditional Oreo shake recipe!
HOW TO MAKE AN OREO MILKSHAKE
With only three ingredients, you’ll want to prepare this quick milkshake recipe frequently (and I bet your family and friends will be on board)!
Step 1: Pour four large scoops of vanilla ice cream, or approximately two cups, into a blender. Want an Oreo chocolate shake? Simply add chocolate sauce or substitute chocolate ice cream for vanilla.
Step 2: Add 1/2 cup of whole milk or 2% milk in the second step.
Step 3: Now add 4-5 OREO cookies, broken in half. For even more OREO flavor, throw in a few extra cookies.
Step 4: Blend the contents until it has a smooth, creamy consistency. If your blender does not have a pulse function, the usual blend setting will suffice. I’ve owned a variety of blenders throughout the years, but this Ninja blender is my favorite.
Step 5: Pour the milkshake into a glass or divide it in half to make two Oreo milkshakes. Garnish with whipped cream and a cookie studded with additional cookie bits.
HOW TO RIM YOUR GLASS WITH OREO COOKIES
To make our Oreo shakes even more entertaining, I also coated the glass rims with cookies. If you wish to do the same, simply crack open a few Oreos and scrape out the filling. Crush the cookies by placing them in a plastic sandwich bag and using the flat side of a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin. Leave a little corner of the bag unzipped to prevent it from opening.
Pour cookie crumbs onto one plate, followed by chocolate syrup onto another. Dip the glass in the syrup, then the cookies, ensuring that the entire glass is coated.
HOW TO MAKE A THICK MILKSHAKE
Either increasing the amount of ice cream or reducing the quantity of milk will result in a thicker milkshake. Adding more ice cream will also increase the serving size, so if you’re serving two people, this is what I would do. If it is too thick and you desire a smoother texture, simply add a splash of milk.
HOW TO MAKE A MILKSHAKE WITHOUT A BLENDER
You do not need a blender to prepare a tasty smoothie. This YouTube video provides a comprehensive guide on how to prepare a milkshake without a blender. You will only need a large insulated cup to begin, after which you can follow the tutorial. I’ve never tried it because I always use my blender, but it appears really straightforward and equally tasty.
Nothing could be better than this! My family’s chocolate enthusiasts enjoyed this shake immensely. I mean, how could one NOT like an OREO milkshake?
Switch your milkshake up with these fun ideas:
- Chocolate Oreos are added for a chocolatey boost.
- To make the ultimate Oreo banana milkshake, include a frozen banana.
- If you, like me, enjoy peanut butter and chocolate together, try adding two teaspoons of creamy peanut butter.
- Try utilizing various sorts of ice cream. Strawberry ice cream complements this recipe exceptionally well.
- Love boozy milkshakes? Just add a small amount of vodka-whipped cream.
- You can even add garnishes to elevate the presentation. Pour chocolate syrup or even caramel sauce on top, and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 Oreo cookies
- Whipped cream and a crumbled Oreo cookie for garnish optional
- Combine ice cream, milk, and Oreo cookies in a blender.
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream,1/2 cup whole milk,4 Oreo cookies
- Blend on high (or pulse if you have that option) until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass (or two glasses) and top with whipped cream and Oreo bits.
Read Also:- Creamy Peanut Butter Milkshake